Amethyst Gua Sha
Amethyst is a natural tranquiliser, it relieves stress and strain, soothes irritability, balances mood swings, dispels anger, rage, fear and anxiety. Gua Sha is a traditional Chinese technique used to stimulate the lymphatic system and relax muscles. It can reduce inflammation and increase circulation. This is especially important in skincare. Amethyst helps to oxygenate the skin, to moisturise, and brighten the complexion.
Gua Sha massage has a wealth of benefits, including clearer and smoother skin, a reduction in puffiness and a brighter, more glowing complexion. The Gua Sha tool is stroked gently along the skin in a sweeping outward/upward motion on the face. Practicing Gua Sha on your face helps to release lymphatic fluid and the impurities it may contain, eliminating toxins, improving circulation, and activating the skin’s natural ability to heal itself. Fewer toxins and better circulation lead to clearer, nourished, glowing skin. Gua Sha massage can also relieve tension in the muscles of the face, reducing lines and freeing adhesions which interfere with proper fluid flow.
Benefits of Facial Gua Sha
- Reduce Puffiness and dark circles
- Improve Circulation
- Reduce Tension in facial muscles
- Soften tissue adhesions
- Promote skin clarity, reducing acne and congestion
- Expedites the healing of pimples and other skin issues
- Reduce Inflammation
- Strengthens cells to improve collagen production
- Improves skin radiance and brightens complexion
- Contour, and Sculpt the face for a more refined features
- Lift and Tighten Skin
- Relieve headaches and sinus congestion
- Relax your body and nervous system to reduce stress anxiety, and even depression
Because amethyst is a natural stone, colors vary from, you may also see small imperfections, these are a natural part of the stone
Important tips before getting started:
- Wait at least 3 months after any botox or fillers. Avoid any open wounds, cysts, active breakout, very inflamed or irritated skin.
- If you have a specific skin condition, I recommend a thorough consultation first, please book for Skin Health ConsultationFacials & Skin Care, this can be done via FaceTime or similar
- Always use on a clean, well prepared skin.
- Touch should be very light and gentle. No bruising or irritation should ever occur.
- Hold your tool flat against your skin, or at no more than a 15 degree angle.
- Take your time, work slowly to achieve full benefits.
- Using your free hand, always support the skin in fleshy areas like neck, cheeks and around eyes.
- Use the Gua Sha tool in an upward and outward motion on the face, working against gravity.